The bulge is due to a gu in the pocket already. (It didn't come that way).
I liked that this came in a ridiculous amount of colors (maybe 6 or 7 to chose from?) and this happened to match a recent tank top purchase. Clearly coordinating tanks and water bottles are a must.
The zip pocket was nice, and big enough to fit a gu packet.
On the other side, there's a small velcro pocket big enough to fit a house key.
Unfortunately, the opening of this bottle was not quite large enough to fit an ice cube.
Unfortunately, the strap was just too big for my dwarf hands, and it was unable to be tightened any more. I prefer a snugger fit around my hand. Otherwise, I might as well just wrap my hand around the bottle.
That's as tight as it goes.
For reference, my hand measures 3" across at the knuckles (not including thumb)
Just an observation: No strap across the bottom of the bottle. Only the two straps that go around the bottle at the top and bottom of the pouch. So there's nothing to stop the straps from slipping off the bottle.
The mouthpiece for the bottle is just a basic pull open/push to close - with your hand or maybe your teeth, and squeeze the water bottle to get water with any pressure. (I've become so used to my bite valve mouthpieces)
The bottle does feature numbers along the side so you know how full it is (in ounces).
- Smaller than the bigger 20 oz bottles that can be cumbersome to carry
- Comes in lots of fun colors!
- Easily holds house key and a gu
- BPA-Free bottle
- Not too expensive
- Comfortable hand strap, but...
- ...Strap not adjustable enough for smaller hands
- Bottle is not insulated so your hand will get wet from condensation in hot weather
- Zip pocket is not big enough for ID/card unless you want to really test the limits of the fabric/zipper
- Bottle opening not big enough for ice cubes
In the end I did return this bottle primarily based on the hand strap being too loose. I decided to suck it up and bring my bigger bottle on shorter runs if I had to on some of those hotter summer days. My bigger bottle is insulated and cinches tightly on my hand.