Monday, July 22, 2013

Mt Pinos Hike & Biweekly Running Recap

Week of July 8th: A.K.A. 7 days of moving-- but not much running.
Monday:  12 mile bike ride/14.1 mph

Tuesday
: 3.32 mile hilly run. +542’, 10:01 avg pace.

Wednesday
: 2 mile easy run w/Dan.

Thursday
: 3 mile XC Summer Series, Week 1. I ran this last year. Course is slightly different than last year to accommodate the track re-build, but it is still half road/half dirt and hilly.  Ran it in 25:08 which placed me at approximately 339/~573 runners.  +~181’, 8:22 pace. First place runner finished in 15:52.

Friday
: 1.58 mile run down the hill and back up. +321’.

Saturday
:  9.8 mile hike in Los Padres National Forest. +2263’. Elevation was noticeable and ranged between 8300’ and 8829’. 

Temperatures were near 100 degrees at home, but was probably about 20 degrees cooler up here with shade from the tall pines and a nice cool breeze.  Fun fact: Mt Pinos is the highest point in the Los Padres National Forest.  We had nice views of the Central Valley and other parts of the National Forest.

map

Mount Pinos  & Sawmill Mountain:

View of Los Padres from Mt Pinos

Sawmill Mountain

View of Central Valley from Sawmill


^Final ascent

Sunday: 9.6 mile easy bike ride/11.9 mph. Needed to shake out the legs.

Week of July 15th:

Monday: I don’t normally count dog walks, but… 30 minute dog walk?

Tuesday AM: 3.6 miles/avg pace 9:29
Tuesday PM: Speed work… on a real track! 6x[600m, 200m rest] in: 2:47, 2:47, 2:47, 2:40, 2:48, 2:48 . Total of 4.7 miles with warm up and cool down.

Wednesday: 50 minute dog walk

Friday: 4 miles. +715’, avg pace 9:52

Saturday night.  This is how I prepared for my Sunday long run:

2013-07-20 19.45.55

Sunday: 12 miles. +622’, avg pace 9:40.

One of these was going on over the weekend:

2013-07-19 15.06.25

All shoes were $40 on Friday (and got down to $25 on Sunday), but I exercised restraint.  Besides, they didn’t have my beloved Tempo in my size…and I recently got a new pair.  I did, however, pick up a $15 tank (one that I was about to buy on Running Warehouse!) and a $7 hat. Folks from my running group found some Bostons and Adios(es?) in their sizes…good deal.

   adidas

That’s all I’ve got. 
This concludes my last post as a 29 year old. Tuesday I turn 30. Yikes.

5 comments:

  1. Running is good for health. It seems very interesting place for running. I like your every pictures and your Final ascent spot.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh none of your pictures are loading for me at work! So sad! Nice work on the sweet deals! Happy early birthday! How will you be celebrating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthday was pretty tame... Went to work, rode my bike, got delicious Thai food for dinner, then watched Dan assemble my new road bike! (birthday gift!)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! welcome to the 30s, I have been liking them so far :)
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! Year 30, Day 1 wasn't so bad :) I am really enjoying the views out here...I'll be sad if we move somewhere without mountains!

      Delete

I don't always get a chance to respond to each comment individually, but I promise I read them all! If you ask a question in the comments, please subscribe to the comment feed so you can see my response, or leave your email address in your comment so I can respond. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...